Trout reminds me of streams and old men fishing for ages along the bank, I don’t actually think like that when I’m eating it though!. I do think trout is under rated and should be eaten a lot more as it’s so yummmmmy!
Super duper trout! with herby butter
super duper trout with herby butter
- For the butter
- 50g - Butter (salted or unsalted) slightly softened
- 3 - Garlic minced
- Parsley - good bunch finely chopped
- Generous amount of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp - salt or omit if you want to cut down
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- For the fish
- 2 - trout fillets gutted and descaled
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1. In a small bowl add the softened butter, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and chilli flakes, when throughly mixed place the butter on a piece of cling fling and form it into a round log shape, make sure it's well wrapped and chill for at least 30 mins.
- 2. Once the butter is solidified then your ready to cook your fish, firstly cut the pieces of butter into thick slices so it's ready once the fish has been cooked.
- 3. In a large plate add a generous amount of flour and salt & pepper and coat the fish with the flour, then make slight incisions on the skin.
- 4. In a large frying pan heat oil I choose olive but any will do, add the floured fish skin down and cook for 3-4 min each side.
- 5. Place on a plate then add the slices of butter let it melt through and enjoy.
- You can use whatever herbs you like rosemary, basil, coriander but it's best to use fresh.