Nutella Crunchie cheesecake
I have this addiction to cornflakes and crunchy nut cornflakes, they are so moreish. I love how they are so crispy, yet so light! They have the right amount of crunch and I’m known to snack on them right from the cereal box, like a fat pig, I have no shame! Yes I’m one of them people! but who needs the milk anyway, it works so well without it!
This has got to be one of the easiest cheesecakes I’ve made and super quick too! Also it’s very yummy. Anyone who’s a novice to baking they should try this recipe out, they could definitely make it and it won’t go wrong.
I made this for my birthday gathering and I thought everyone would find this quite rich but they really loved it. I changed the original recipe by adding pieces of crunchie bar to give it a bit of bite and a lovely honeycomb taste. I think most people love that flavour. I also made half the recipe as I thought the small slices would be enough, a lot of people had half but then went back for the other half! Lol, I’m just glad they enjoyed it. If you don’t have any crunchie bars don’t worry you can leave it out as the original recipe doesn’t have it although I would advise it as it works really well.
This cheesecake should be frozen but who actually has room in their freezer to add a 8” tin (or even the small one I was using) I don’t have any room. I put it in the fridge overnight it did work but yes, it was much softer. I would advise to take it out the fridge only 5-10mins before so it’s not totally cold.
- 200g - honey nut cornflakes
- 400g - chocolate hazelnut spread
- 180g - Cream cheese
- 2 – Crunchie bars broken into small pieces
- 1. Line a 6” cake tin or something equivalent sized with a sprinform or push up (so it will come out easily).
- 2. In a food processor or using a ziplock bag grind/bash the cornflakes until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. In a small bowl and the cornflakes and 200g of the chocolate spread and press the mix into the base tin, making sure it’s levelled out.
- 3. In a stand mixer or using a electric beater, beat the cream cheese and the remaining chocolate spread until smooth. Add 11/2 of the crunchie bar and fold in. Smooth the mixture onto the cornflake base, wrap tightly in cling film and keep in the fridge overnight.
- 4. Remove from the fridge 5-10 mins before serving and sprinkle over the remaining crunchie bar.