Mini Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts
This is the first time I used this doughnut pan even though I have had it quite a while tut tut!
I decided to give a basic doughnut mix a try, just simple but I knew it would be tasty. I really like the taste of cinnamon.
These mini doughnuts were amazing, light, fluffy and very doughnut like but without the extra added calories, what could be better?
- 125g - plain flour
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1/4 tsp - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- 1/2 tsp - ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp - ground nutmeg
- 1 large - Egg
- 65g - light brown sugar
- 60ml - milk
- 60g - yogurt
- 30g - unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp - pure vanilla extract
- 200g - Castor sugar
- 1 tsp - ground cinnamon
- 115g - unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 175°C and spray/grease a donut pan.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. In a another bowl whisk the egg, brown sugar, milk, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla, whisking until fully combined.
- 3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix, the mixture will be very thick.
- 4. The best way to fill each donut cup is by using a piping bag, filling each doughnut cup 2 ∕3 – 3 ∕4 of the way full.
- 5. Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned, allow to cool for about two minutes and transfer to a wire rack set. Allow donuts to cool down until you can handle them.
- 6. In a two bowls big enough to dip the doughnut in, combine the sugar and cinnamon in one and melt the butter in another. Dip the donuts in the melted butter first then dunk into the cinnamon/sugar mixture coating all sides. Donuts are best served immediately.