Broad bean, lemon and feta patties
There was an abundance of broad beans in my house this year!!! I actually really like them, they are great in salads with a bit of lemon, olive oil, mixed herbs and of course chilli flakes! They have a perfect marriage with feta complete yumminess! I thought why don’t I combine these two partners to make an amazing little baby children!
I made this recipe up myself, I like having snacks even though they can be unhealthy, as these have broad beans in them I thought they are not that unhealthy right?
- 500g - Broad beans cooked
- 1 - Garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp - chilli flakes (less depending on taste)
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 packet - feta crumbled
- 1 tsp - zartar
- 1/4 - ground cumin
- 1 - green chilli
- juice of 1/4 lemon as well lemon zest (might as well add it)
- Good few sprigs of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Good gulg of olive oil
- 1. Cook the broad beans for about 8-10 mins until tender. Leave to cool.
- 2. Add all the rest of the ingredients to a food processor as well as the broad beans. Process to a fine but slightly chunky texture, enough to make little patties test making one. (if the patties don't hold you may have to reprocess it again).
- 3. Leave in the fridge for 30 mins.
- 4. Mould into small patties
- 5. Shallow fry for 8-10mins each side on a medium heat.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
- You can add as many or little herbs and spices to make it fit to your taste buds.
- I would fry one pattie first to check the flavours and then add any flavours if needed.