I do enjoy eating cheese savoury muffins. I have a recipe on my blog for Cheese and Spinach savoury muffins already. They were really yummy but they did take a long time to make, so I wanted a quicker recipe to try for those times when your in a rush and need your instant savoury muffin hit.
These muffins turned out really well, I really liked this recipe, it was the basic wet to dry mix and they turned out moist and light. I would definately use these for my quick recipe fix.
The website I used has a number of different amazing veg recipes I would check it out, she’s really good.
- 250g - plain flour
- 2tsp - baking powder
- 100g - cheddar cheese, grated
- 70g - fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 240ml - milk
- 60ml - olive oil
- 2 - eggs - medium eggs
- 75g - goat's cheese, coarsely crumbled - I used feta
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp - chilli flakes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, grated cheddar and chopped spinach in a along with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- 3. In a separate bowl or jug, combine the milk, oil and the eggs, and beat lightly. Add the feta cheese.
- 4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and fold in until just combined.
- 5. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 you may find you have less then 12 to fill which is fine.
- 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- I added chopped olives.
- You can add whatever extras you like.