These are a lovely little snacks, that are quick and easy to make. If your a fan of bagels you will love these. I really like bagels especially lathered with cream cheese and smoked salmon…oooo thinking about it makes me hungry.
They are super versatile, you can add whatever flavours you like to make it personal to your taste which is great! Just experiment and create something unique to you.
Depending on how you cook them, you can bake them to be crispy or have that slight chewy texture. I prefer the softer chewy texture with a slight crisp to them, they are bagels in the end of the day, so you need to chewy texture.
- 1 Packet - bagels(any variety as long as they aren't the cinnamon ones!)
- 3tbsp - olive oil
- 2tbsp - melted butter
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 1/2 tsp - garlic powder
- 1 tsp - chilli flakes
- 1 tsp - mixed herbs
- a good amount of crushed black pepper
- 1. In a small bowl combine the ingredients. Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- 2. Cut the bagels into 1/4" strips and place on a lined baking tray.
- 3. Brush the mix onto both sides of the bagels.
- 4. Bake for 5 mins and the turn them over and bake for another 5 mins.