I have been really bad and not posting recipes!! tut tut I’m a bit naughty.
This was one of the recipes I have been delaying.
I made these for my mum, I’m not sure why or what reason, I think maybe it was for mothers day? or am I talking a load of rubbish! who knows>>>?
As you might or may not know my mum is a big fan of all things strawberry and lemon, this recipe sounded so yummy I have made apple strudel muffins and they were yummy but these muffins with the addition of cream cheese to make a strawberry cheesecake muffin sounded extra yummy! I think it would impress my mum.
Head over to damn delicious to get the step by step photos of this recipe.
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 cup - digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 1/4 cup - sugar (see notes)
- 1 tsp - cinnamon (I used 1//2 spoon extra)
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 1 cup - milk
- 1/3 - cup canola oil (roughly about 80ml)
- 1 - large egg
- 1 - tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - cup small diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup - digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 2 tbs - brown sugar
- 1 tsp - unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp - cinnamon
- 4 ounces - cream cheese, softened (roughly 113 grams)
- 1/4 cup - sugar
- 2 tbs - beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2. For the crumble topping - in a small bowl combine the crushed digestive biscuits, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- 3. For the muffin mixture - In a large bowl, combine the flour, crushed digestive biscuits, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- 4. In another bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- 5. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir until combined don't over mix!.
- 6. For the cheesecake topping - whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract
- 7. To assemble to muffin :)
- I put a 1 tablespoon of the batter first, then added some strawberries. Top with the remainder of
- batter and add some more strawberries then 1 tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture. Then
- finally add the crumble topping! Phew!
- 8. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9. Enjoy your hard work.
- I found the muffins lacked a lot of sugar!, they just wasn't sweet enough for me next time I would add another 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar.