Vegan Orange, Hazelnut, Chocolate and Cardamon Biscotti
I can’t believe these biscotti are vegan they’re amazing! The biscotti worked really well without the eggs and the flavours were incredible, I love all these flavours anyway but by putting them together worked even better!
I made these as my second giveaways for Diwali food.
Like with all biscotti they take time to make, but it’s quite simple to make, I enjoy making them as they are an unusual process.
- 2 cups - plain flour
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - baking soda
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- 113g - non-dairy butter
- 1 cup - sugar
- 1 tbsp - orange zest
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1 tsp - orange extract
- 2 tbsp - chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp - water
- 1 cup - hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup - chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a mixer with the paddle attachment beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest and extracts, beat to combine.
- 3. Stir together the chickpea flour and water until creamy and thick - for best results you can use a small blender or coffee grinder. Slowly add the chickpea mixture to butter/sugar mixture and beat to combine, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 4. Add flour mixture and beat to combine. Fold in the cacao nibs and hazelnuts.
- 5. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Divide dough in half and roll into logs on a floured surface about 1½ inch diameter. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten to about 1 inch thick. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 7. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing each log into 10 cookies. Lay flat on baking sheet and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- 8. Let cool for 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container