Eggless Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Cookies and Cream are a perfect couple.
As well as many others, wine and cheese, bread and butter, gauc and tortilla chips, burger and fries the list can go on and on!
These cupcakes were the best eggless cupcake I’ve made, I was really impressed. They were light, fluffy and moist. I would happily make them again and again and feel happy in the process! They also tasted so yummy, I especially loved the frosting as I tweaked it to be made with cream cheese instead of buttercream.
The other great thing about these cupcakes was how easy they are to make. So this recipe deserves an extra *gold star*. Happy, happy me :).
- 350ml - coconut milk
- 165g cup - sugar
- 80ml cup - canola oil
- 1 tsp - Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 240g - all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp - Cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp - baking soda
- 1/2 tsp - baking powder
- 1 cup - roughly chopped Oreo cookies
- 250g - Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250g - softened/room temp, good quality unsalted butter
- 350g - icing sugar
- 2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1 cup - ground oreos
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cocoa powder, plain flour, salt, bicarb soda, baking powder and sugar. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together).
- 3. Next, add coconut milk, canola oil, apple cider vinegar in a jug and whisk until well combined.
- 4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add chopped oreo cookies and mix for another 20 seconds.
- 5. Fill each paper 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- 6. Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- 1. In the stand mixer add the butter and icing sugar, beat until fluffy.
- 2. Add the cream cheese and then fold in the ground oreos.
- Pipe the