I had this idea of using garlic mushrooms and putting them in scones, I really like garlic mushrooms they are so versatile and can be used in so many things.
I used a old scone recipe that I adapted by adding the mushrooms. I wasn’t sure if it would work as mushrooms are very watery and scones mix should be a bit dry but I just tried and hoped! Luckily they did work out and were very tasty.
- 5 medium sized - mushrooms cut in cubes
- 1 clove - garlic minced
- 1 tbsp - chopped rosemary
- 2 cups - plain flour
- 1 tbsp - baking powder
- ½ tsp - salt
- 1/3 - cup olive oil
- Little bit of milk to bind
- 20g - cheese
- 5 oz - greek yogurt
- 1. To start make the mushrooms. In a frying pan heat some olive oil and add the garlic for a few seconds then the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add half the rosemary. Leave to cool, very important.
- 2. Once the mixture is nearly cool. Preheat oven to 215°C and line a tray with baking parchment.
- 3. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt, pepper and cheese, mix well.
- 4. Add the olive oil and greek yogurt. Mix together then add the cooled garlic mushrooms. Add milk to bind the dough together.
- 5. Mix until combined don't overmix.
- 6. On a floured surface pat down the dough and with the scone cutter cut the scones out. Repeat until finished.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes rotating halfway through.