Before I begin with the recipe, apart from being obsessed with food I’m very bimbo at times…when I was younger and the advert of Terry’s chocolate orange came on TV and Dawn French used to say ‘It’s not Terry’s it’s mine’ I never understood it, what has Terry got to do with it?…I know how stupid? but then one day the penny dropped a couple of years later, I will never forget that bimbo moment ever! lol.
I’m not someone who makes cupcakes, I made it once before and it was disastrous 🙁 so I didn’t bother again, but the reason why I decided to make cupcakes again was to use up some Betty Crocker frosting I had. I was thinking of a cupcake recipe that I could use that would work well with chocolate frosting, I had a look at a few but then it came to me ‘why don’t I adjust the jaffa drizzle cake recipe?’ I love that recipe it’s amazing and the taste of chocolate and orange work so well so why not…adjusting the recipe could work and it could not but it’s worth risking, so I faced my fears and had another go with the cupcakes this time they turned out better wohoo 🙂 I think as the recipe is a all in one mix it’s the best method for cupcakes as you don’t overmix.
- *Please use the link below for the recipe and add 50 grms of cocoa powder and minus 50 grms of self raising flour.
- 1 tub – Betty Crockers chocolate frosting.
- 24 – Terry’s chocolate oranges
- 1. Line a cupcake tray and fill them with 3/4 full of the cake mixture and cooked them for 12 mins at 175°C but check by inserting a cake tester.
- 2. Spread the orange syrup around each cupcake
- 3. Cover the cupcakes with the frosting and add a terry’s chocolate on top.
- This is for the people who love a bit of chocolate and orange yyyyuuuuuummmmmmmy!!!