When you think of Gingerbread men you automatically think of Christmas, they are truly a Christmas item. I love the taste and smell of them and even brought a gingerbread candle as I adore the fragrance so much. Especially as it takes over the kitchen.
These little cuties are packed with a big flavour punch! the fragrant spices of ginger, spice and cinnamon make these taste just like gingerbread cake!
I have never added treacle to my cheesecakes so that was interesting to know that it’s something that can be done, it gives it a really nice caramel colour to the cheesecake. I also have never added brown sugar and thought the texture of the cheesecake would be more grainy but I didn’t have any issue.
Mini Gingerbread No Bake Cheesecake
- 100 g Ginger biscuits
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 300 g full fat cream cheese
- 150 ml Double cream
- 35 g soft dark brown sugar
- 40 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 1 tbsp horlics
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 11/2 tsp ginger preserve optional
- 3-4 pieces crystalised ginger optional
- 100 ml Double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 11 Mini gingerbread biscuits optional
- Crushed gingernut biscuits optional
- 1. Using a food processor, crush your gingerbread biscuits until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, if not place in a bag and use a rolling pin. 2. In a small bowl place the crushed biscuits and then pour in your melted butter, mix and press into the bottom of your mini victoria push up tin or dessert pot of your choice. Place in the fridge.3. In a stand mixer (or using a bowl and electric whisk) add your double cream into the mixing bowl and whisk until it’s reaches stiff peaks, place into another bowl. In the same bowl (don’t worry about cleaning the bowl) add your cream cheese,brown sugar, icing sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, mixed spice, ground ginger, ginger preserve, Horlics and, black treacle, mix until combined4. Add in your double cream mix until it's thick.5. Spread the mix on to the biscuit bases, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours, or preferably overnight.6. For the decoration whip the 100ml of double cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl until it reaches stiff peaks. Using a piping bag pipe swirls on top of the cheesecake. Placa gingerbread man on top then sprinkle some finally crushed gingernut biscuits.