Lotus chocolate chip flapjacks
I think there is something special about flapjacks, they are this amazing sweet snack that is just so moreish, for me, it’s got to be the golden syrup! That unique taste is what completes the flapjack I love oats and could eat them everyday! Flapjacks have been something I’ve adored ever since I was a kid.
When I saw this recipe I didn’t think you could put Lotus biscuits in flapjacks. I had to try it and it didn’t disappoint. These flapjacks we easy to make and I added additional chocolate chips which worked really well.
- 200 g Oats
- 50 g Jumbo oats
- 75-80 g Lotus biscuits roughly crushed
- 100 g Unsalted butter
- 60 g Dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract50g –
- 4 tsp Golden syrup
- 50 g Chocolate chips (optional)
- 25 g Dark chocolate melted
- 1-2 Lotus biscuits finely crushed
- 1. Preheat your oven to 160’C fan2. Line a 20cm/8″ or 7” (for thicker flapjacks) square tin with greaseproof paper.3. In a large bowl add your oats and crushed lotus biscuits4. Place your butter, sugar, vanilla, and golden syrup in a pan and heat until fully melted. Pour this over your oat and biscuits, and mix to incorporate. 5. Wait for the mixture to cool before adding the chocolate chips.6. Transfer to your lined tray, spread out with a spatula and lightly press down but don’t press too firmly.7. Bake for 14-15 mins for soft chewy flapjacks, or 17-18 mins for crispy. These will firm up once cooled.8. When fully cool. Drizzle your melted chocolate, then add your crushed biscuits.9. Enjoy, keep in an air tight container to keep fresh.