I made these cups for diwali treats, they are prettier (or maybe more rustic looking 🙃😄) then your usual Bounty bars. They are lovely tasting cups with the gooey, rich, sweet coconut filling and crisp outer chocolate.
These were a bit time consuming to make so just remember to be patient, oh and also silicon paper cases would help but as I didn’t have any I used paper cases and made the chocolate shell a bit thicker so they would be easier to get the cups out. As these were also fiddly to remove from their casing they can also break really easy so a patch job is needed.
I did like making (and eating these! 😄) although they were not the easiest. I would make them again as they tasted really yummy!
- 21/2 cups - desiccated coconut
- 1 can - sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp - golden syrup
- 350g - dark chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup - toasted coconut optional*
- 1. Place the shredded coconut, condensed milk and golden syrup into a medium sized bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds at a time (stirring in between) until the chocolate is smooth.
- 3. Using a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, drop it into paper or silicon cups spread evenly.
- 4. Allow to harden in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- 5. Fill the chocolate covered cups with the filling then brush the rest of the chocolate over the tops of the cups, sprinkle with the toasted coconut and place in the refrigerator to set again (about an hour minutes).
- *I toasted the coconut using a dry frying pan, keep an eye on it.