My ‘Go To’ Cheese Scones
These scones are the latest ones I’ve tried and I used this recipe for my Afternoon Tea as I really liked them, they worked out well. They are quite simple to make and are moist in texture and tasty. I used cheddar in my previous batch but this time I only had red leicester but any cheese will do.
I think these are my go to scone recipe if I just want plain traditional cheese scones.
- 8oz S/R flour
- 2oz Butter
- 2oz - Grated cheddar (plus extra too top)
- 1 tsp - baking powder
- 1 tsp - mustard powder
- 1 tsp - salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 140 ml - milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper in bowl
- 2. Rub in butter until resembling breadcrumbs
- 3. Add the cheese. Make well in middle and add milk, quickly mix together too form dough and turn out onto a floured chopping board/work surface.
- 4. Brush tops of scones with milk and top with sprinkle of cheese.
- 5. Bake in 220°C for 13mins