These bars are really rich and gooey. They’re ideal for those who love caramel, peanuts and snickers! All my favs and nearly what’s in a snickers bar too!
Whilst I making the dough I did feel I should have made double the amount, there didn’t seem that much mixture to pack in an 8’ tin (this was quite tricky and messy be warned loll) in the end the dough did slightly expand in the oven and I was satisfied with the results.
For the caramel layer I used my caramel recipe which is really easy to make, but you can use shop brought caramel sauce as well.Print
Oooey Gooey Salted Peanut Caramel Snickers Bars
Salted Peanut Caramel Snickers Bars
Write a review
- 1 cup - Plain flour
- ½ tsp - Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp - Baking Soda
- ½ tsp - Salt
- 75g - Butter
- ⅔ cup packed - Light Brown Sugar
- 1 - Large Egg
- 2 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup - Caramel Sauce (homemade or storebought), warmed slightly
- 1 1/2 cups - Snickers chopped (about 4 large bars)
- 1. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with baking paper and let it overhang over the tin. Preheat oven to 175°C.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt. aside.
- 3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in microwave (about 30-45 seconds). Whisk together brown sugar and melted butter until combined and all brown sugar lumps have dissolved. Then Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- 4. Slowly stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chopped Snickers.
- 5. Press down 1/2 the cookie dough in the pan, this is quite tricky but keep at it! It will look very thin, but not to worry it will expand during baking.
- 6. Carefully drizzle warm caramel sauce evenly over cookie dough.
- 7. Dollop the rest of the dough over and try your best to spread it around. I used wet hands to press it around. It’s ok if there is not enough dough to completely cover the top.
- 8. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until top is golden brown. The center will be slightly jiggly, but this is because of the hot caramel layer, which will firm up as the cookie bars cool.
- 9. Allow cookies to cool completely before cutting.
Love. Eat. Sleep. Food http://loveeatsleepfood.com/