If you don’t know already then you should :p know that…I really LOVE snickers. I have already made a snickers cheesecake which was so yummy. I wanted to indulge in making some snickers cookies and gooey snickers bars too.
I really love cookies and both of these two together is like heaven for me yum yum and triple yum.
Although these turned out OK, I did feel they were lacking in the snickers department. If I do these next time I would not add the chocolate chips but replace it with snickers so you can get the full snickers satisfaction that is definitely needed. Just get the snickers when they’re on offer as you will need a lot lol.
They are really easy to make but they do need to be made a day ahead or at least a 3 hours ahead and this is a must! otherwise you will end up with very sorry looking cookies 🙁 and the cookie monster will not be happy.
- 85g - softened cubed unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup - light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup - white sugar
- 1 - large egg
- 2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 2 cups - plain flour
- 2 tsp - cornflour
- 1 tsp - baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup - chopped snickers
- 1 cup - chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl combine the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Once mixed scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour, cornflour, baking soda, salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- 3. Fold the chopped snickers and chocolate chips.
- 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and using a medium 2-inch cookie scoop or if you don't it use a heaped tablespoon to form cookies. Place the moulds on the tray at least 2 inches apart usually 8 cookies per sheet then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Preheat oven to 175°C allow the cookies to come to room temp and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.