As now a devote fan of scones I came across this scone recipe. I love yoghurt, it gives such a moist texture to cakes, muffins, breads however I didn’t realise you can use it in scones too, but if you can use it in breads why not? hey.
I usually add a bit more spice and flavour here and there so added some to these scones. I have got to say these scones were really moist the moistest I’ve tried and I think it’s all with the help of my good old friend Mr.Greek yoghurt. You should try these out you will not be disappointed.
- 2 cups - plain flour
- 1 tbsp - baking powder
- ½ tsp - salt
- 1 cup - shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp - garlic powder
- 1/3 - cup olive oil
- 1/3 - cup milk
- 5 oz - greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 215°C and line a tray with baking parchment.
- 2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, and garlic powder mix well.
- 3. Add the olive oil, milk, and greek yogurt.
- 4. Mix until combined don't overmix.
- 5. Scoop out approximately 1-1/2 inch balls and place on a oiled baking tray. These will expand so leave at least 1-1/2 inches between your scones.
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes rotating halfway through.
- I added herbs, pepper and red onions, you can be experimental and add extras too!