Butternut squash is an amazing tasting root veg and very healthy and fibrous too. It makes a great side dish or you can have it as a main with some salad and if you have some left over it’s even better for lunch, yummmmmmmy. I have made this made up recipe a number of times and it’s very tasty and easy to make. I hope when you try it you will like it as much as I do 🙂
It does take a while to get crispy so you will need a bit of time to bake it.
- 1 - butternut squash cubed (medium or large size would be better)
- 3 - minced garlic cloves
- generous amount of freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 - salt
- chilli flakes (between 1/2-11/2 depending on how hot you like it!)
- good gulg of olive oil
- 1. In a saucepan boil the butternut squash until tender.
- 2. In a big enough bowl add the olive oil, chilli flakes, S&P and garlic.
- 3. Once the butternut squash is cooked drain and then add it to the mixture.
- 4. Place on a oiled baking tray and cook for 40-50 mins on 200°C.
- This recipe is very versatile and can be adapted.
- To garnish add chopped coriander and top with a bit more chilli flakes.