Luxurious (but it’s cheap and easy to make!) salted caramel sauce
I’m really getting into caramel and decided to make my own, I didn’t realise it was so easy to make!!!!! so that was a lovely surprise, the only thing is that takes a bit of while is waiting for the sugar and water to change to a nice golden caramel colour sooooo you’ll have to wait a bit and keep a while eye.
The caramel sauce is rich, glossy, creamy and of course yummmmmmmmmmy. I ended up testing it out and had a big heaped teaspoon just like you do!
- 1/2 cup – double cream at room temperature (you just need to buy a small pot)
- 1 cup – sugar (I used normal granulated sugar)
- 60g – butter
- 1/4 cup – water
- pinch of salt
- 1. In a non-stick pan add sugar and water, let it cook on medium heat until the color turns golden brown(try not to let it burn for a lighter caramel keep an eye on it). When the color changes swirl the pan so the caramel cook evenly.
- 2. Turn of heat. Add the butter and whisk until butter dissolves.
- 3. Add the cream while whisking, (careful, it will splash a bit) then add pinch of salt.
- 4. Transfer to a jar and let it cool then store in the fridge (it will keep for 3 weeks).
- The caramel can take up to 20-25 mins to cook, it's whenever it decides to be dissolve and be good! it does take a bit of time.
- Cleaning the pan can be a bit of a nightmare! but it's alllllll worth it, I suggest to leave it to soak. The sauce does get really thick so put in the microwave when you want to use it.