Easy trout baked in foil
I love eating trout and managed to get some fresh trout so I thought I would experiment slightly. I wanted it to be quite healthy too so thought I would bake it in foil. Hmmmmm then I thought okay…it’s going to be cooked in foil but how will I season it?….the recipe is below…
- slices of lemon – as many as you can fit inside of the fish
- 1 crushed – garlic
- good bunch of parsley
- 2-3 cloves – garlic cut into quarters
- 1/2 – 1tsp – chilli flakes (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1/2 – freshly squeezed lemon
- Bread crumbs* enough to cover the top of the fish
- good gulg – olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, make sure the fish is clean and gutted, place the fish on a large piece of greased foil with a baking tray underneath.
- 2. Place the cut the lemon and crushed garlic inside the fish and also season with salt and pepper.
- 3. *If you haven’t got any breadcrumbs then you can use any white bread (stale works better). Place all the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and grind until they are in tiny pieces. Place all the mixture on top of the fish.
- 4. Wrap the fish up and bake for 15-25 mins depending on how big the fish is.
- 5. Open up and eat from the foil for extra yummyness.