Eggs, those protein filled little goodness is one of the things I most miss during religious events (only as I want to eat cakes), but there is no need, no need at all, eggless cake recipes are available everywhere. I think making a moist eggless cake is very difficult. I have tried a few eggless cake recipes not with much luck, they usually come out dry, very dense and just not nice, so I’ve had many disasters :(. The texture of this cake wasn’t very moist it was more dense but it was better then other recipes I’ve tried.
I choose this particular recipe as it has yoghurt in and used evaporated milk but I used condensed milk instead, the original recipe also stated milk could be used to replace the evaporated milk, next time I make this cake I will try using just milk as the consistency isn’t as thick.
When I read why Champa made the cake it was the most sweetest thing ♥ she made the eggless cake for her daughters friend who is allergic to eggs and she doesn’t get to eat cake at birthday parties due to it awwww how sweet and considerate is that especially for a little girl.
- Dry ingredients
- 3 cups - Plain flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 2 tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – salt
- Wet ingredients
- 11/2 cups – sugar
- 3/4 cup - Oil
- 3/4 cup - Yoghurt
- 1 can – Condensed milk
- 2 tsp - Vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 175°C grease a bundt cake tin (if you don’t have that tin a 10″ tin would do) using melted butter and a pastry brush.
- 2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 3. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- 4. Add the dry to the wet and blend with an electric whisk until it’s all combined.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the tin and cook for 40 – 50 minutes. Check with a skewer at 40mins.
- 6. Let the cake cool completely and turn onto a plate and dust with icing sugar.