Soft Carrot Cake Cookies
I have made some carrot cake cookies a while ago, these were eggless and yummy! however, I seen these ones made with egg and I just had to make them. I know that the egg will definitely give it that moist and softness.
As you know I love my carrot cake and anything to do with carrot cake similarities, I’m straight in there! I really liked these as they were really soft.
- 1/4 cup - honey
- 4 tbsp - coconut oil
- 2 tbsp - almond butter
- 1 - large egg
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1 cup - whole wheat flour
- 1 cup - old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 1/2 tsp - baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp - cinnamon
- 1 tsp - mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp - ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp - salt
- 1 cup - grated carrots
- 1/2 cup - raisins
- 1/4 cup - shredded coconut
- 1. In a stand mixer or you use a hand mixer beat together honey, coconut oil, and almond butter.
- 2. Mix in egg and vanilla until well-combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 3. Stir in flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until just combined.
- 4. Stir in carrots, raisins, and shredded carrots.
- 5. On a lined baking sheet scoop a dough using a cookie scoop the cookies and place on a baking try. Cover, and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 6. Preheat oven to 175°C, bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 7. Let cookies cool for at least 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing.
- *these are not the oats you use to make instant porridge.