I would just like to say that these bars come with a ☞ ⚠ ☜ warning, a warning for being soooooo addictive!!
They are the treats that you know you should stop eating but you just can’t as they taste so damn good and I mean sooooooooo good. I’m in ♥ love ♥.
For those of you that are haters of peanut butter, I have given it to the haters and they feel in love, yeh very deep in love with them! So give them a go you won’t regret making them, you probably be very annoyed I introduced you to them.
The other amazing thing about these are that they don’t need baking, yippee you only need one bowl to combine them together and another for the chocolate. Okayyy so two bowls for these fantastic bars not such a big deal.
- 2 Cups - Rice Cereal
- 2 Cups - Oats
- 2 Cups - Pretzel Sticks, roughly broken
- 1 Cup - Sugar - I used brown
- 1 Cup - Light Corn Syrup - I used Golden Syrup
- 1 Cup - Peanut Butter - I used smooth
- 1 tsp - Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Topping
- 2 Cups - Chocolate Chips (60-70% cacao)
- 1. Line a 9x11 or 8 x8 or any other baking dish with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together rice cereal and pretzel pieces. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium sauce pan, stir together sugar and golden syrup. Place over medium-low heat and cook until mixture comes to a light boil, stirring occasionally. Let boil for one minute.
- 4. Remove from heat and immediately stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- 5. Add the dry ingredients into the pan.
- 6. Press the mixture into the baking tin press down firmly. Place in the fridge to cool.
- 7. Meanwhile melt the chocolate over a Ban Marie or in the micro in 30 sec bursts remembering to stir after each 30 secs.
- 8. Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture using a palette knife to give a smooth finish.
- 9. Place back into the fridge to set for roughly an hour. Cut into pieces.