I wanted desserts that was light and fruity.
These desserts used mixed berries sooo one of the five a day?! right?…well that’s my excuse anyway eventhough it’s full with double cream! eeek. This is really quick and easy to make and could be one of the last minute desserts, the only thing is they do need to be refrigerated for an hour.
I know it may seem quite heavy but it’s nice and refreshing and the fruit makes refreshing and it’s great after a heavy meal.
- 500 ml - double cream
- 5 tbsp - natural yogurt (I used Greek)
- 1 lime - juice and grated zest (I used lemon)
- 2 tbsp - icing sugar (I added more)
- 250 g strawberries *see notes
- 150 g blackberries *see notes
- 150 g blueberries *see notes
- 1. Whip the cream in a food processor, add the sugar, lemon juice and zest, stir in the yoghurt, mix until combined.
- 2. Reserve 1/3 of berries for decoration, mix the rest in bowl and crush them lightly with a fork.
- 3. Prepare 4 small tumbler glasses, layer the cream then the berries, repeat until the glass is nearly full.
- 4. Decorate with reserved fruit, refrigerate for 1 hour, serve.
- * I used mixed frozen berries which I thawed first.
- I'm sure you can use different types of fruit can be used or you can just use one type of fruit if you don't like mixed fruit.