O myyyyyy peanut butter and rolo cookies
When I saw a picture of these cookies I was drooling, they looked amazing (the original photos are much better then mine lol) and sounded even more amazing as I’m a huge fan of peanut butter I was definitely won over and had to give them a go.
The best thing about these well, actually not best one of the best as they are other better things about them, one of the best things about them is that they are so so so easy to make. The only thing is you have to make it at least a day ahead or in the morning and bake it at night, as the dough needs to rest in the fridge for that long. The other major good thing is that it’s gluten free so good for all those people that can’t eat it.
I made mine the day ahead, I slightly changed the recipe and added a packet of mini rolols to mine.
I think if your a fan of snickers, peanut butter or nuts you’ll love these! yum yum yum.
- 1 cup - peanut butter
- 1 cup - brown sugar preferably light
- 1 - large egg
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 1 tsp - bicarbonate soda
- 1 - bag mini rolos*
- 1. In a medium bowl add all the ingredients till the bi carb (peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract) and using a electric mixer beat and keep beating then scrap the bowl and beat again. In total do this for 7 minutes.
- 2. Add the bi carb and then beat for another minute.
- 3. Once it's mixed well fold in the rolos, don't over mix.
- 4. Line a tray with baking parchment and scoop out two tablespoons worth of dough and form it into a ball place them on the tray and squash it slightly. Make sure there is enough room between the cookies usually 6 per tray. Repeat until you have at least 8-12 cookies. I can't remember how many I made! I had less mixture then the original recipe.
- 5. When ready to bake preheat the oven first at 175°C, once preheated place cookies on the middle shelf and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- 6. Allow them to cool, if you can!!!!! and then transfer to a cool rack, you'll be able to eat them after 5 mins, if you can wait that long.
- You can substitute this with anything else you fancy chocolate chips, nuts, raisins but the original had toffee pieces.