As my love of Nutella continues to grow and grow I was very happy to come across this recipe. It was ever so simple and easy to make it was soooooooo even better wohooo.
I actually didn’t choose this recipe! my mum did (from a long list), I made it for her birthday. This was part 1 of her birthday cakes, I also made an eggless tiramisu, that was part two.
This cheesecake was really delicious and very indulgent, it might be rich for some but I could handle it and anyway people can have a small slice if they can’t handle it. I’ve got to say I would defo make this cheesecake again it was really yuumy and of course the nutella helped so much! even thinking about it makes me tempted to make it again.
I added extra chocolate sauce and roasted chopped hazelnuts. I actually didn’t realise we had hazelnuts until after and it was needed in the cheesecake mixture oops! o well I added it on top and it gave a nice finish.
- 250 g - digestive biscuits
- 75 g - soft unsalted butter
- 400 g - jar nutella (at room temperature)
- 100 g - chopped toasted hazelnuts - I didn't add
- 500 g - cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 60 g - icing sugar (sifted)
- Handful of hazelnuts (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- 1. Line the bottom of a 9" spring form pan with greaseproof paper.
- 2. In a medium microwave proof bowl add the butter and melt for 1min or more until the butter is fully melted. In a thick zip up plastic bag add the digestive biscuits and bash it with a rolling pin until it resembles crumbs. Add the biscuit crumbs to the butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture into the spring form pan and place in the fridge.
- 3. In another bowl beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- 4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Leave to set over night.
- 5. If using chocolate sauce scatter it over the cheesecake.
- 6. Place the hazelnuts in a frying pan and dry fry until slightly coloured. Chop the hazelnuts and then place them over the chocolate sauce.
- 7. Cut up and indulge.